Hand Smocked Dresses for Girls
Hand smocked dresses in classic styles for young girls. Our Princess Charming® hand smocked dresses are all cotton and expertly sewn and hand embroidered in an employment program at a shelter for disadvantaged women in Bangkok, Thailand. Since 1981 the women at that shelter and the Catholic nuns in charge there have been producing these beautiful dresses, one dress at a time. We are proud to offer these lovingly made dresses which provide safe, dignified employment for so many women there.
● All dress hems are blind stitched and many styles include piping around the sleeves, collars, neckline and armholes.
● Sizes range from 6 months to 9 years but we can offer only very limited numbers of each style in any given size because these dresses are each lovingly made by hand. They are NOT mass produced in a “sweat-shop” garment factory.
● Many styles include pockets and matching pocket pal® bunnies or bears are available in limited quantities.
● Our Princess Charming® collection of hand smocked dresses for girls includes sleeveless styles for warm weather and corduroy jumpers or short sleeve styles for cooler days.
● We are extremely proud of our dresses and of our more than twenty years association with the women’s shelter where, for nearly forty years, expertly trained and highly skilled but very disadvantaged women have created these beautiful dresses in classic styles.
● Many of our dress styles are exclusive to Kasumisou Gallery and all of our dresses are made with an obsessive attention paid to detail and quality.
The women who produce these hand smocked girl’s dresses for Kasumisou Gallery work in a caring and supportive environment. Through our orders for the dresses and other products of the sewing program as well as through occasional donations from our Kasumisou Foundation, we are able to support the Catholic Sisters who operate the shelter and their mission to provide dignified, fairly paid work opportunities for the approximately 120 women there.
Every product has a story.
- Fine Wood Photo Frames and Boxes
- Gold Jewelry
- Greeting cards and notecards
- Betsy Barry Art & Design notecards from nature
- Bottle Branch® botanical notecards
- Central & Gus© notecards
- Easter Cards
- Paula Skene Designs greeting cards
- Hand Hammered Stainless Steel and Bronze Tableware
- Hand Smocked Dresses for Girls
- Handwoven Silk Scarves and Shawls
- Holiday Decor and Accessories
- Home and Holiday Decor
- Logo and Personalized Gifts
- Plaid Lads® School Uniform Bears
- Silk and acrylic bangles
- Sterling Silver Jewelry and Accessories
- Tote Bags